Saturday, January 10, 2015

Norton Small Business-5 Device

Norton Small Business-5 Device
Norton Small Business seems like a bundle pack of Norton Internet Security with devices enrolled and managed from a web based interface. It's a good idea, but it seems like a repackaging of the retail product rather than the truly business oriented Endpoint Security.

When I received the package it was a box much like pictured. It contained a plastic coated cardboard business card sized instruction card with the product key and a url: norton.com/subscribe. There was also a small one piece of glossy paper get started document that seemed more marketing than actual help. There was no CD - this is a download only product in a box of almost only empty space. That may not be a bad thing as with a high speed connection I downloaded and installed it on a windows 7 PC in about 10 minutes.

When installed Norton Small Business it's pretty much Norton internet security. There is some central license control. Not all that much to describe beyond that. It has the usual browser plugins and malware protection as well as Outlook virus scanning and spam filtering.

With additional devices one can login to the Norton account and download the product directly on the device or send an email invitation and have it installed from a link in the email. That's on PC's.

I have a iPhone so I thought way-cool - now I have some malware protection available. But wait - there's less. When I emailed an invitation to my account and opened it on my iPhone and clicked the link it directed me to the iTunes app store and the Norton small business app. The app description showed screens with a locator and showing backups of contacts and other information. When I got it installed and activated (required my Norton account login) I ended up with a big friendly Norton icon on my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment